Our Favourite Verses
Many of us have favourite bible verses that we draw upon for encouragement, support and help. We have asked people to share their favourite verses and some have even told us why!
We hope you like these verses:
· For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. Romans 1 v 16
· I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13.
· Set your minds in things above not on earthly things. For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3 v 2-3. This reminds me to look to Jesus where the craziness of our current situation falls into perspective; it also reminds me of my position as a child of God where I can know salvation, security and safety and so much more.
· I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Psalm 32:8
· And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3 v17 - To me it is reminder of how we should live our lives, and even when we have our failures the verse encourages us to seek the Lord. · I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3 v 14. This verse remind me to keep looking heavenward for strength and forward to Christ.
· I will bless the Lord at all times, his praise shall be continually in my mouth. Psalm 34 v 1.
· Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1 v 8-9.
· Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8 v1-2
· And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28v 20
Leave a comment below with your favourite verse, we'd love to hear from you!